The Intronix Model 8008 Myoguide™ System provides a superior injection site targeting system with many useful features, such as, the ability to see and hear EMG signals, display real time analyzed EMG, and stimulation location capability.
- Myoguide Specifications
- Myoguide Applications
- Myoguide DOC
- EMG Guidance Background
- EMG Guidance Billing Codes
- Quality Systems and Certificates
- White Papers
Needle EMG Guided Injection System
The Myoguide system is designed to amplify EMG signals from muscle and provide audio feedback to assist clinicians in locating areas of muscle activity. Clinicians can see and hear EMG activity. Treatment delivery can be in the form of neuromodulator injections, such as Botox©, Dysport©, and Xeomin©, or as simple as inserting a dry needle electrode. Applications include Pain Management, Spasticity (Movement Disorders), and Cosmetics.
Benefits• Myoguide provides a superior injection site targeting system with many useful features, such as, the ability to see and hear EMG signals, display real time analyzed EMG, and stimulation location capability.
• Myoguide provides both quantitative and qualitative feedback necessary for clinicians to make decisions about treatment and treatment delivery. All these features are wrapped up in a small , battery operated, hand-held device.
• Myoguide helps identify involved muscles through pre-injection, or pre-intervention evaluation. This can be done by either EMG evaluation, or stimulation location, and is particularly useful in cases where the site may be surrounded by essential nerves and blood vessels
• Pre-injection evaluation can lead to use of reduced drug dose and volume, thereby contributing to limiting drug diffusion into adjacent areas. This is especially pertinent in cases where drugs will be re-injected on follow up appointments, as the basal EMG activity level can be assessed before a dose decision is finalized.
The need to increase accuracy when injecting neuromodulators has been highlighted by recent FDA reviews of the dangers of peripheral effects. Use of Myoguide can lead to more accurate injection site targeting, allowing reduced concentrations and volumes of injected drugs.Features